Contact Us      Emergency (24 Hr) 07712 815169

Edward Hayes Lawyers Logo

Dealing With Childcare Agreements During The Holidays

The stress of juggling childcare arrangements with a partner or spouse after a relationship break-up can be tricky at the best of times.

With careful planning and cooperation, mutually acceptable arrangements can be made by parents. But what happens when that is not possible or if one party simply refuses to stick to agreed plans?

Shared Parenting Agreements

When a relationship breaks down, building cooperation and communication is vital, particularly when it comes to sorting out day-to-day practicalities. The school holidays are one instance where assistance from a lawyer may well be beneficial.

For instance, a shared parenting agreement, which states who will have contact with a child and when, can keep both parents clear about what’s expected. It can’t be enforced in the same way as a court order but is a useful way of setting out how contact will be shared. And, if one parent is experiencing difficulties seeing their child – in the school holidays or otherwise – Edward Hayes’ lawyers can step in to take the issue to court, if necessary, and apply for a residence order. Reaching an agreement that has the child’s wellbeing at heart is always the goal during such situations.

Talk To an Expert

In these tricky situations, it’s vital that communication is overseen by an expert who specialises in dealing with sensitive family problems. As members of Resolution and the Law Society Children Panel, Edward Hayes’ experts frequently deal with relationship breakdown issues and are able to understand the particular difficulties and emotions that can arise in situations where children’s wellbeing is concerned. Clients, who can include the children themselves, as well as parents, grandparents, relatives and guardians, can rest assured that they will receive objective and effective advice throughout the process.

To find out more about how Edward Hayes can help with matters concerning children where a relationship has broken down, call 01243 781431 for the Chichester office or 020 7353 0011 for London. Alternatively, visit the Edward Hayes contact page for details of our other locations around the country.

This entry was posted in Family Law. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Contact Us

Tel: 01903 288850
Tel: 01243 781431
Tel:  01243 672124
Emergency: 07712 815169
Fax: 020 7427 7391

Follow Us