Contact Us      Emergency (24 Hr) 07712 815169

Edward Hayes Lawyers Logo

Access Agreements: What You Need to Know

If you are going through a divorce or separation, the process of deciding where your children will live can be incredibly distressing. Coming to an access agreement with the other parent, without going to court, is said to lead to more harmonious arrangements with greater satisfaction on both sides. But, depending on the circumstances, this won’t always be possible.

Parental Responsibility

In such situations, it can help to have an expert on hand to talk you through the minefield of access. In most cases, within a marriage the mother and father are considered equally responsible for important decisions relating to their child. ‘Parental Responsibility’ allows you to have a say in issues such as where your child lives, where they are schooled, what medical treatment they receive, and whether they can travel or live abroad.

If you need help understanding and/or setting out a parental responsibility agreement between you and your former partner, it may well be worth seeking professional advice.

If you are the father in a separated, unmarried couple, Edward Hayes can apply to the court to help you gain parental responsibility. And if you are a parent experiencing difficulties in gaining access to your children, experts at Edward Hayes can negotiate for you and if necessary apply to the court for a contact order, so that you will be able to see them.

Similarly, if you are the resident parent and have concerns about the other parent having contact with your child, specialist lawyers can help to ensure that their welfare is protected.

Talk to the Experts

Edward Hayes lawyers and experts are adept at handling sensitive situations concerning child wellbeing and they understand the intricacies of dealing with people who are upset and worried. As members of Resolution and the Law Society Children Panel, Edward Hayes specialists frequently deal with relationship breakdown issues. Clients, who can include the children themselves, as well as parents, grandparents, relatives and guardians, can rest assured that they will receive objective and effective advice throughout the process.

To find out more about how Edward Hayes can help with matters concerning children, where a relationship has broken down, please call 01243 781431 for the Chichester office or 020 7353 0011 for London. Alternatively, please visit the Edward Hayes contact page for details of other premises around the country.

This entry was posted in Family Law. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Contact Us

Tel: 01903 288850
Tel: 01243 781431
Tel:  01243 672124
Emergency: 07712 815169
Fax: 020 7427 7391

Follow Us