Jerome, based in Blackwell House London, is a dispute resolution lawyer primarily undertaking civil and commercial litigation work. Jerome regularly acts for individuals and businesses undertaking both claimant and defendant cases.
Recent cases includeJerome deals with a range of disputes in order to try and achieve a commercial and cost effective outcome. This can involve trying to avoid pursuing matters through the courts in order to reach an early settlement.
- Mr & Mrs IB –v- NGN Ltd: Jerome represented a husband and wife who were both victims of phone hacking by the News of the World. Upon issuing proceedings at the High Court and later joining the group claimant team, Jerome obtained a favourable settlement for Mr and Mrs IB.
- Mr S –v- Mr G: Jerome acted on behalf of an employer in relation to his defence against claims brought by a disgruntled former employee; including alleged harassment and unfair dismissal.
- MMM Ltd –v- NE PLC & PT ANR, (3) Mr G and (4) Mr H: Jerome is currently representing the fourth party in this ongoing multi million pound dispute relating to the mining sector. This is a high value complex dispute involving a number of parties and cross boarder issues at the Commercial Court in London.
- Mr & Mrs S –v- Mr K & E Ltd: Jerome was able to successfully pursue through the courts a return of sums of money to Mr and Mrs S which they had invested in a fraudulent housing scheme in Bulgaria.
- The Law Society
- The Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Junior Lawyers Division
CareerJerome studied History at the University at Sussex, followed by the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London. Jerome joined Edward Hayes in 2012, having trained as a solicitor at a West End law firm.
Client Testimonials“Thanks for all your work yesterday. Special thanks should go to Jerome. He has worked through this diligently, to say the least, and has had to put up with my somewhat global wanderings (both verbally and physically!). His patience is something to behold. I really do appreciate how he has worked on this and please pass onto him my thanks for the work ethic and professionalism he has shown”
A client – March 2015