Jerome leads the disputes practice acting for organisations and individuals undertaking a variety of civil and commercial litigation work. Jerome regularly acts for directors who have fallen into dispute with their colleagues or management teams and require assistance in advising them on their best course of action. Jerome’s wide ranging practice includes advising on matters of employment law, contractual disputes, civil fraud, directors’ duties, injunctions, media disputes and tort related claims or defences.
Recent cases includeJerome deals with a range of disputes in order to try and achieve a commercial and cost effective outcome. This involves trying to avoid pursuing matters through the courts where possible in order to reach an early settlement.
- MMM Ltd –v- NE PLC & PT ANR, (3) Mr G and (4) Mr H: Jerome represented the fourth party in this multi million pound dispute between company directors relating to the mining sector. This was a high value complex dispute involving a number of parties and cross boarder issues at the Commercial Court in London. The matter settled favourably for Jerome’s client following 6 days of trial.
- Mr & Mrs IB –v- NGN Ltd: Jerome represented a husband and wife who were both victims of phone hacking by the News of the World. Upon issuing proceedings at the High Court and later joining the group claimant team, Jerome obtained a favourable settlement for Mr and Mrs IB.
- Mr S –v- Mr G: Jerome acted on behalf of an employer in relation to his defence against claims brought by a disgruntled former employee; including alleged harassment and unfair dismissal.
- Mr & Mrs S –v- Mr K & E Ltd: Jerome was able to successfully pursue through the courts a return of sums of money to Mr and Mrs S which they had invested in a fraudulent housing scheme in Bulgaria.
- PM Ltd –v- Mr RF: Jerome acted for company directors who were in dispute with their fellow director following numerous breaches of his fiduciary duties. Jerome negotiated the terms of the director’s departure from the company and the sale of his shares.
- The Law Society
- The Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Junior Lawyers Division