Dagmara is a Case Worker in the family department dealing with children law cases, both public law and private law and those cases involving international elements, assisting the department representing parents, grandparents and extended family members both in privately and publicly funded work.
Dagmara is of Polish descent and is able to assist and advise clients in her native language.
Dagmara has lived in the UK and worked for Edward Hayes LLP since 2012.
- Dagmara assisted Helen Fitzsimons representing a mother in public law care proceedings concerning an alleged non-accidental/baby-shaking injury to a child. Edward Hayes LLP successfully argued the case which concluded with no findings being made against the parents and baby returning to their care.
- Dagmara assisted the department representing a father of Polish origin in care proceedings concerning his children. Although the children were unable to return to the care of their parents, Edward Hayes LLP successfully sought an assessment of extended family members in Poland, who the local authority was refusing to assess. This assessment was positive and led to the children being permanently placed with extended family members in Poland, ensuring that the children’s Polish identity and heritage was maintained, along with a continuing relationship with their parents through contact.
- Affiliate member of The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
Career:Dagmara completed a Master Degree in Law at University of Szczecin in Poland. Since living in the UK Dagmara has commenced Cilex Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice course and intends to continue the course at level 6 in order to become a Chartered Legal Executive.
Dagmara also holds a Certificate in Advanced English Council of Europe Level C1 issued by the Cambridge English Language Assessment which is part of the University of Cambridge.
Areas of expertise:
- Children law – public and private
- Domestic violence
- International children cases